Did you know? Houseplants can benefit your overall health and wellness in addition to making your home look beautiful and inviting! This season, The Family Tree has received a range of gorgeous houseplants of every shape, color and style. We’ve got hundreds for bright light and low light, large areas and small. If you are looking for a pre-potted plant, terrarium, miniature garden, or something totally different, we have everything you want and more. Here, we highlight six great benefits of having houseplants in your home!
1. Removal of Airborne Contaminants: We breathe the same air again and again, potentially inhaling harmful substances that are trapped inside. Indoor plants can help to remove pollutants including airborne compounds that cause headaches, nausea, and more.
2. Upping Your Happiness Levels: House plants can contribute to a feeling of well-being, making you calmer and more optimistic. Studies have shown that patients who face a garden view or have flowers in their hospital rooms often recover more quickly than those who do not.
3. Improved Mental Health: It has been proven that caring for a living thing, be it a pet or a plant, can help when you’re depressed and lonely. Having something completely reliant on you for love and sustenance will give you a new purpose in life! Try gifting a pretty fern or bright African violet to someone who could use cheering up.
4. Improved Sleep: Who doesn’t want a good nights sleep every night? All plants give off oxygen as a result of photosynthesis, which studies show can help improve sleep. Place a houseplant or two (or three!) in your bedroom and you will be reaping the benefits in no time!
5. Allergy Prevention: Exposing children to allergens early in life can help them build a tolerance and immunity to the allergen; nature’s form of a custom allergy shot! Plants are included on that list, so make sure you have at least a few houseplants around.
6. Reduced Sick Time: Indoor plants have been shown to reduce cold-related illnesses by more than 30%! This is due to their effect of increasing humidity levels and decreasing dust. What better reason to get a houseplant as we head into cold season?
Be sure to stop by The Family Tree to browse our wide selection of houseplants, which are all on sale this week! Our associates are happy to help with recommendations and tips on how to care for every plant we offer!