Fraser Firs: Our Fraser Fir Christmas trees are hand selected in North Carolina and shipped to us directly from the farm. With over 2000 trees to choose from in our covered tree forest, you can see your perfect tree from all sides by using our unique hanging system. We give your tree a fresh cut and secure it to your car or truck before you take it home. Our trees are watered EVERY DAY so they will stay fresher longer.
Silver Tip Designer Trees: These trees are grown wild and sustainably harvested from the mountains of California. Each tree is unique, none look alike because they are not grown from clones. These rare (rare to us, not to California) Silver Tips have a unique “open” look, silver tipped foliage, and are sought after by interior designers. Very few Silver Tips are available due to the unique harvesting method.
Flocked Fraser Firs: To flock a tree we start by giving a Fraser Fir a clean cut and securing it to a wooden tree stand. Our expert then takes the tree and sprays it completely with a wood pulp/glue mixture that we call flocking. This is an intense process that takes experience. Our flocking material is non-toxic and flame resistant. Flocked trees do not need to be watered! A big plus! To take a flocked tree home, we will wrap your tree in plastic and secure it to your car or truck. These trees need very little care and will look beautiful for the entire season!
Ice Kissed Flocked Trees: The Family Tree Exclusive! While these trees are being snow flocked by our experts, we sprinkle them with translucent crystals that create sparkles and twinkles! These trees are festive and have added texture and color. Our Ice Kissed Snow Flocked trees don’t need to be watered, are non-toxic, and come on a wooden tree stand.
Caring for the Tree (Unflocked)
- The Family Tree Garden Center will give your tree a fresh cut before you take it home. This is very important to open up the pores so that it can absorb water. Place your tree in a bucket of water immediately when you get home. Even if you are not setting it up in your home just yet.
- Consider spraying your tree with WILT STOP™ before bringing it indoors. WILT STOP™ is a non-toxic tree resin that helps your tree from drying out and losing its needles. It can extend the enjoyment of your tree for quite a while. (Spray before you bring your tree inside!)
- Watering is critical. A freshly-cut tree can consume a gallon of water in 24 hours!
- When you bring your tree inside and set it up, fill the tree stand with water and keep it filled. (Using a Santa’s Water Wand can make watering easier.)
- Never let the water level go below the tree’s base.
- Indoors, keep the tree away from heating ducts or other heat sources. In fact, the lower the temperature, the better the tree will do.
- We recommend adding Prolong™ to your water to help your tree stay fresher longer.