There is so much going on at The Family Tree Garden Center that it’s sometimes hard for us to share it all with you! With Fall coming around the corner we have some exciting news, specials and fun blog posts heading your way! So get out your calendars and add all the fun that is coming soon…
September 3, 10am: Tuesdays at The Tree – Open to everyone!
- GET YOUR VEGETABLE GARDEN READY FOR FALL PLANTING: With Timothy Daly, Agriculture and Natural Resources Agent Gwinnett County Cooperative Extension. Whether you are first timer or an avid gardener, this FREE seminar is for you. Fall vegetables like broccoli, lettuce, cabbage and kale love the cool weather and are easy to grow if you start your garden out right. Get your veggies from garden to table with these great tips.
Saturday, Sept. 7, 10am: TABLETOP GARDENING, WHAT’S NEW?
- Miniature, Fairy, Tabletop gardening, whatever you want to call it, our expert Nanci McClendon will be here to show ou great new ideas for starting your new tiny garden.
Saturday, Sept. 14, 10am: TAILGATE HORS D’OEUVRES & SIDES WITH ASHLEY CLEMENCE
- GRAFT Restaurant’s own chef/owner ASHLEY CLEMENCE has some great game-time ideas for using your own garden’s produce. These quick easy recipes will please all sports fans! Wear your favorite team’s colors or logo to this free seminar/demo and receive a special gift!
Saturday, Sept. 28, 10am-3pm: QUICK SKETCH LANDSCAPING
- SIGN UP FOR YOUR 20 MINUTE CONSULTATION AT 770-972-2470 (First come, first serve) Our designers will spend 20 minutes with you on your problem area. Bring 3-4 pictures of the area, detailed measurements, hours of sunlight and any obstructions. Please get here about 5 minutes earlier than your time slot.
Saturday, October 5, 11:30am: WALTER REEVES, THE GEORGIA GARDENER
- WSB talk radio host will answer your questions about everything from aphids to Zenobias. Join the lively discussion
October 19, 2013: The grand opening of the PETE PIKE MUSEUM! Join us at 10am October 19, 2013 for the official ribbon cutting!
- Pete Pike, founder of Pike Family Nurseries has been made a tremendous contribution to the nation’s green industry. From humble beginnings to a multi-million dollar business, Pike shows that anyone from anywhere can become anything with hard work and integrity.
October 19th: 2nd FALL BENEFIT FOR THE ALZHEIMER’S ASSOCIATION
- Activities for the whole family! Petting Zoo, Bluegrass Band, cooking demonstrations by Three Blind Mice, Gwinnett Master Gardener’s Q&A, Fall container gardening with Regina Lewis and more!
- Want to help raise some money for the Alzheimer’s Association? Bid on our raffle items! Just $2 per ticket. A portion of our sales that day and all proceeds from the raffle with go to The Alzheimer’s Association. Let’s Make A Difference!
We welcome you to come visit our team at The Family Tree! If you need information, direction or help please contact our office by calling 770-972-2470. Make sure to follow-us on Facebook , Twitter, Google+!