Tomorrow is Halloween and no doubt every child you know is super excited about trick-or-treating and wearing their costumes, but have you discussed some ways they can remain safe while they’re out tomorrow night? Here are a few top tips to remember.
- Never go trick-or-treating alone, always go with an adult or a group of other kids.
- Be very aware of any cars around; do not accept a ride from strangers and be careful whenever walking near the road. In order for drivers to see trick-or-treaters better, it’s a good idea to give your child a flashlight to carry.
- Make sure that the costume fits well and doesn’t present a safety hazard for your child; no one wants to get hurt on Halloween and an ill-fitting ghost costume that obscures your child’s vision or princess dress with a long train could cause an unfortunate accident.
Even if you don’t have kids or if they’re too old to trick-or-treat now, there are a few tips for you as well!
- Avoid homemade treats; even if you know that there’s nothing wrong with your famous caramel apples, it can make other people nervous eating food made by someone they don’t know.
- Encourage children in safe trick-or-treating habits; if you see a child doing something foolish, let them know!
If you keep these tips in mind, you’re sure to have a fabulous Halloween; now stock up on some awesome candy and get ready for all those trick-or-treaters! Have a happy Halloween from all of us here at The Family Tree!