Herbs in your garden can have add more to your garden than just color and flavor to your kitchen. Many herbs can have medicinal benefits. We have put together a list of herbs and how they can help your mind, body and soul!
- Basil has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Simply chewing on fresh basil it can release all the nutrients it contains, including beta-carotene and magnesium.
- Peppermint is commonly used in baking and can also help relieve headaches and make a sour stomach feel better. Add a few drops of peppermint oil to water and use as a face rinse or take a wash cloth and dab your forehead.
- Fennel can make your breath fresh! Chewing on fennel seeds stimulates saliva production (key for stopping bad breath).
- Chamomile will make you ready for bed! This soothing herb makes an excellent tea.
- Rosemary is a powerful antioxidant, rosemary leaves have been shown to increase blood flow to the brain. Rosemary also contains anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting compounds.
- Sage can tackle a nagging cough or help relieve bloating.
- Thyme helps your immune system! Thyme is an excellent antioxidant and is rich in antibacterial and antispasmodic properties.