Did you know? Houseplants benefit your overall health and wellness in addition to making your home look beautiful and inviting! This season, The Family Tree has received a range of gorgeous houseplants of every shape, color and style. We’ve got hundreds for bright light and low light, large areas and small. If you are looking for a pre-potted plant, terrarium, miniature garden, or something totally different, we have everything you want and more. Here, we highlight five great benefits of having houseplants in your home!
1. Plants can remove airborne contaminants: We breathe the same air again and again, potentially inhaling harmful substances that are trapped inside. Indoor plants can help to remove pollutants including VOCs that cause headaches, nausea, and more.
2. Plants can make you happy: House plants can contribute to a feeling of wellbeing, making you calmer and more optimistic. Studies have shown that patients who face a garden view in their hospital rooms often recover more quickly than those facing a wall.
3. Plants can improve your mental health: Caring for a living thing can help when you’re depressed and lonely, giving you a purpose in life.
3. Plants can improve your sleep: Gerbera daisies give off oxygen at night. Filling a vase in your bedroom with these flowers can improve your night’s rest.
4. Plants can prevent allergies: Exposing children to allergens such as plants early in life can help them build a tolerance and immunity to the allergen. It works like a natural custom allergy shot.
5. Plants can help fight colds: Indoor plants have been shown to reduce cold-related illnesses by more than 30%. This is due to their effect of increasing humidity levels and decreasing dust.
We welcome you to come visit our team at The Family Tree! If you need information, direction or help please contact our office by calling 770-972-2470. Make sure to follow-us on Facebook ,Twitter, Google+!